Tuesday 20 November 2012

Lea and Perrins: Initial Ideas

Initial Ideas

There was many design considerations I thought of for my main brief, I began by looking at the current bottle and seeing what I could do in order to change it to make it more appealing to a younger audience ...

I noticed that there was elements on the bottle that were perhaps unnecessary such as  the fancy border and the portraits of Lea and Perrins, and a crest near the top. I prefer more simplistic designs and feel that gives it more of a modern twist.
So I would bare this in mind and completely simplify my design.

Idea #1: Using Trademarks on String Tied Label.

I liked the idea of using local Landmarks such as Sabrina Bridge and Worcester Cathedral on the bottle label in a orange Pop art style and be tied on the bottle using string. The only problem I had with this design is perhaps was still a bit to traditional and a bit dated and may not appeal to my target market

 
I liked the idea of producing a quirky Collection of bottles using symbols such as stars and dots this would give my bottles a modern edge the label would be minimised so it was smaller, meaning less materials would be used.




Idea #3: Using Ampersands & Recycling logo to incorporate "Lea & Perrins" using a bottle neck hanger, no label.






No comments:

Post a Comment