Tuesday 20 November 2012

Lea and Perrins: Further Research


Main Project: Further Research

Once I had thought of different ways of how I could make my materials more sustainable
 I began thinking of My Design and My 'Target Market' - who I was designing the bottle for...


MY TARGET AUDIENCE:

20-35 AGE GROUP
OXFORD INFLUENTIAL AREA
COOKS WHO ARE RELATIVELY CONFIDENT BUT LOOKING FOR NEW WAYS TO CREATE NEW RECIPES.

* dont mind paying a little bit more for product
* enjoy discovering new ways to make their cooking taste even better and interesting!

Lea and perrins Worcestershire sauce is a one of a kind product, and I want this to be shown through my design... it is a brand that has been around for many years, and Worcestershire sauce has been made since the factory was build in 1897.

 I want to incorporate this into my design by showing some kind of history behind the bottle, but making it quirky at the same time.
I began looking at organic farm shops and the kind of product they sell as they are similar in the type of audience they are trying to approach.
I discovered they are simple designs with clear space but effective and look expensive.

Reading magazines such as good food can indicate good ideas also.


I like the idea of using recycled card as a sleeve over the top of the bottle, creating a booklet on the back with different recipe ideas.I decided to develop the idea, i know it will be printed on recycled paper with a sleeve over the top that would include the recipes while bringing in elements of sustainability and environmental issues.


 I began doing a mood board so i could locate the target market, what they were into, the kind of places they shopped and the products they bought as well as competitive "table sauce" brands


I began looking at farm shops looking at the packaging and the other sauces that appeal to the same target audience  and discovered the common theme was simple yet effective so i decided I was going to develop different typefaces and the recycling logo and try and incorporate that in my design and instead of a label i'd use a sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment