Sunday 11 November 2012

Lea and Perrins: History

 Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce was first created by the Worcester chemists John Wheeley Lea and William Henry Perrins. They devised the recipe in the 1830's when Lord Sandys - a nobleman of the area - was eager to recreate an exciting taste he had acquired on his travels to Bengal. 


I began looking at Lea and Perrins and it's history of design in order to get a better idea for my design.



All Lea and Perrins Designs have been rustic looking and very traditional, with borders and a strong typeface. I dont know whether it would be a good idea to change this completely as part of the brief states that Lea and Perrins want to keep the genuine feel for the product.  so I decide I am going to make my design Subtle and rustic looking by using the sustainable materials will give this feel anyway.



 
The brief suggests that one method to increase sales is to promote ways in which Worcestershire sauce can be used in recipes. The label or packaging may include recipe cards in order to inform the consumer of innovative ways to create an appetising meal involving Lea & Perrins.  there was a advertisement in particular I think I'd like to use for my recipe card "add a littlle something":





No comments:

Post a Comment