Saturday 1 December 2012

Bottle Neck Holder Concept


 As I continue with my main brief I decided to look further into the materials I would be using "Recycled Paper" and "Soy Ink Printing" and what kind of bottle necks I could use for my design.

Recycled Paper
Recycled paper offers the same quality as non-recycled paper and it requires less energy, water and chemicals to manufacture. Using recycled paper is a simple way to work responsibly.
the process of paper recycling involves mixing used paper with water and chemicals to break it down. It is then chopped up and heated, which breaks it down further into strands of cellulose, a type of organic plant material; this resulting mixture is called pulp, or slurry. It is strained through screens, which remove any glue or plastic that may still be in the mixture then cleaned, de-inked, bleached, and mixed with water. Then it can be made into new paper.


Soy/Vegetable Ink 

liquid based made from a variety of vegetable oil such as
  • corn
  • walnut
  • coconut
  • linseed
  • soy beans
They do take longer to dry than normal inks however they are made from renewable sources.
Can be cleaned with water based cleaner.
Easier to de-ink when recycling, much less hazardous waste.
As opposed to traditional Petroleum-based ink, soy-based ink:
  • is more Environmentally friendly
  • is available in brighter colors
  • improves the life span of the printers
  • makes it easier to recycle paper
  • is more economic in the long run

As I proceed with my design concept, I decided to look at current Bottle Neck design holders to see if I could get inspired... If I produce a bottle neck using recycled paper and vegetable soy ink it would not only look good but will be a little bit more green than the current bottle.

did you know... About 35% of municipal solid waste (before recycling) by weight is paper and paper products.

Inspiration
I like these ideas of using bottle neck for my packaging










No comments:

Post a Comment